How much are stall fees?
Our event organisers set their own stall fees to be competitive to similar markets being arranged in their region.
Find your local event by visiting our Map of Market Locations.
How do I pay for my stall?
As a rule, tables sell out well ahead of the event, book early to avoid disappointment. Stall bookings are available on each individual event page of our Events Calendar.
CHECK WITH YOUR EVENT ORGANISER
By booking your stall, you will be reserving yourself a space at one of our events which will include:
• Excellent indoor venue hire
• Where appropriate; one trestle table approximately 1.8m x 0.6m (6’ x 2’) table sizes may vary slightly. One or two chairs as required.
• An additional half a metre (approx.) of floor space either end of your table. This space can be used for a clothes rail, if you do not own a clothes rail, a clothes maiden may be suitable. A single buggy/pushchair or highchair could also fit in this space.
• An additional half a metre (approx.) of floor space at the front of your table.
• Storage space under your table and a space behind your table which could be used to display larger items such as cots and playpens etc. Larger items should be dismantled, we advise attaching a photo to the item, presenting it when erected.
• FREE entry for you and ONE ‘helper’.
• Market day support staff.
• An extensive marketing campaign to attract buyers to the sale.
• The opportunity to meet like-minded mums and dads.
• A whole lot of fun...
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE BEFORE EVENT DAY?
Measure and mark out your stall on a floor at home and place the items you want to sell in that space, this will give you
an idea of what goods to take along on market day.
Attach pricing labels to as many of your items as possible.
Make sure that you have the following items ready to take with you on the day > listed next...
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME ON EVENT DAY?
• A table cloth (preferably a plain white one)
• Maybe a cash box or money belt
• Plenty of change for your shoppers
• Plastic bags to put your sold goods in (such as supermarket bags)
• Clothes hanging rail or maiden along with hangers if selling clothes
• Pricing labels. Items sell much better when clearly labelled; some buyers dismiss items without a price on them
• Plastic storage boxes or baskets. Sellers often bundle items together, for instance dozens of toy cars and other small
items, then place the goods in storage boxes and label the box “All items inside 50p”
• A smile works wonders for attracting buyers so make sure you bring your best one, you'll be amazed - it works like a magnet! Be proactive and upbeat; don’t just sit at your stall reading a book, not looking up. Say hello to shoppers ("can I help you" or "are you after a particular size"), oﬀer suggestions, pull out diﬀerent clothes in the same size, etc.
WHY DO I NEED TO BRING A TABLECLOTH?
A naked table doesn’t flatter or show off your goods to their best potential. A tablecloth assists with presentation and shoppers
will be more attracted to shop with you if your goods are presented well. If possible, use a plain white tablecloth. You can buy one here for less than £2.00.
CAN I SHARE A STALL WITH A FRIEND?
For sure! If you do not have enough items of your own, feel free to team up with a friend. Make sure the combined amount you both
bring does not overcrowd your stall as this may result in lower sales. (Please note: Maximum of 2 adults per stall).
CAN I HAVE MY STALL POSITIONED NEXT TO A FRIEND?
This shouldn’t be a problem, please contact us after booking your stall and we will do our best to make sure that you are situated next to your friend.
WHAT ARE THE SET UP
AND PACK UP TIMES?
Our doors open to stallholders 1 to 1.5 hours before the doors open to the shoppers. This should allow plenty of time to set up
your stall in a presentable manner. We suggest that you allow at least 1 hour for the preparation of your stall, so that you are
fully geared up for the doors opening. Late arrivals will NOT be admitted within 30 minutes of the market opening time as this
does not allow enough time to set up the stall in a safe and well-turned-out manner. Stallholders must adhere to market opening
hours and should pack up only when the organisers declare the venue closed and due to health and safety regulations must not
leave the event early. Once the market has closed, stallholders must vacate the venue along with all their belongings in a safe
and timely manner, clearing away any refuse.
WHAT CAN I SELL ON A
You can sell any pre-loved baby and children's items that are intended for babies and children aged 0-9 plus any maternity items.
Toys, maternity clothing, baby and children’s clothes, bedding, buggies, baby gates, books, play-mats, ride-on toys, mobiles,
scooters, bikes and trikes, cots, climbing frames, shoes, puzzles, DVD’s, the list goes on...
Your goods should be secondhand and in a good, clean and presentable condition. Only sell what you would buy yourself.
Our vision is for our events to be recognised for quality items at reasonable prices and this standing will help both buyers and sellers in the long term. Wipe over equipment and toys, wash & iron clothes, replace old batteries and make sure that everything is in full working order.
WHAT CAN I SELL ON A CRAFT STALL?
A Craft Stall should be booked by individuals aiming to sell goods they have made themselves at home. All items oﬀered for sale should be family focused.
WHAT CAN I SELL ON A BUSINESS STALL?
A Business Stall should be booked by anyone promoting a service or selling products that are mass produced. All services or products offered for sale should be family focused.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANY COMMISSION?
You keep 100% of any profits that you make on the day of the event.
I HAVE TO CANCEL...
CAN I GET A REFUND?
The stallholder fee is non-refundable. Although we understand that things occur that can prevent you from attending. Therefore, we would consider transferring your booking to a future date.
Business stallholders must forward a copy of their certificate of Public Liability Insurance to the event organiser prior to the day of the event.